NZTA Defensive Driving Courses (Street Talk) at Highland Park Community House are run in partnership on a monthly basis between the Howick and Pakuranga Community Houses Inc Society (HPCH) and Ray Clark Driving School.
Ray Clark is an experienced NZTA approved Driving Instructor and a Street Talk Facilitator for East Auckland and Waiheke Island.
Our Defensive Driving Courses are subsidised by Howick and Pakuranga Community Houses Inc Society and supported by the Howick Local Board and Auckland Council to provide quality, affordable Defensive Driving courses to members of the community to encourage all drivers, to drive safely and stay safe on our roads.
WHAT IS STREET TALK?
Street talk at Highland Park, is an approved NZTA Defensive Driving Course. Street talk will teach you how to recognise hazards on the roads and how to avoid dangerous situations that may lead to accidents. It is an intensive and interactive course designed for all age groups who hold a drivers licence.
- The course is designed to reduce your restricted licence period by 6 months for under 25 drivers and 3 months for those over 25. Street Talk has been revised to include skills that will help both the Learner and Restricted Licence driver, to pass the new Driving Tests.
Any licence holder can do this course.
(PLEASE NOTE: you must at least have a Learners Licence to do this course)
- If you have a suspended Drivers Licence and are required to undertake a Defensive Driving Course, then this course is suitable for you.
(PLEASE NOTE: If you require a letter of Defensive Driving Course Conformation for the courts or your lawyer, you must book and pay for this course before a letter can be provided.)
- If you are looking for a refresher course to update your driving skills or, you are a Senior Citizen in need of updating your driver confidence, this course would be perfect.
The course comprises of;
– 4 x two hour theory sessions in the class room at Highland Park Community House
– 1 x one-on-one practical on-road driving assessment.
To complete the course and receive your Defensive Driving certificate including the time reduction off your licence, you must complete all 4 theory sessions and the driving assessment.
School Holiday Course April 18, now fully booked
When: May 1, 3, 8 and 10
Tuesday, and Thursday evenings
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Where: Highland Park Community House,
47 Aviemore Drive, Highland Park
Theory classes – $50.00 per person
(paid to Highland Park Community House)
Driving Assessment – $60.00 per person
(paid directly to the driving instructor)
NOTE: This subsided course is only available to NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents, proof of this maybe requested when booking for the course
BOOKINGS OPEN NOW
To book your place in our May course,
Email Highland Park Community House
Telephone (09) 534 5584
Should you wish to speak with the instructor before booking this course
Contact Ray Clark 027 532 8265
Defensive Driving – May 2018