NEW COURSE, NEW TUTOR - STARTS OCTOBER 2ND, 2023
NZTA Defensive Driving Courses, (Street Talk) at Highland Park Community House are run on a monthly basis, typically the first two weeks of each month. The courses are subsidised by Howick and Pakuranga Community Houses Inc Society and supported by the Howick Local Board and Auckland Council to provide quality, affordable Defensive Driving Courses to members of our communities to encourage all drivers, to drive safely and stay safe on our roads.
Our new Tutor, Arvin Kara will start in October and is a qualified Driving Instructor from Right First Driving School. Arvin comes to us with many years of experience and we look forward to working with him to bring quality Defensive Driving Tuition to our community.
Street Talk 2023
What is Street Talk?
Street talk at Highland Park, is an approved NZTA Defensive Driving Course. Street talk will teach you how to recognise hazards on the roads and how to avoid dangerous situations that may lead to accidents. It is an intensive and interactive course designed for all age groups who hold a drivers licence.
- The course is designed to reduce your restricted licence period by 6 months for under 25 year old drivers and 3 months for those over 25. Street Talk has been revised to include skills that will help both the Learner and Restricted Licence driver, to pass the new Driving Tests. Any licence holder can do this course.
(PLEASE NOTE: you must at least have a Learners Licence to do this course)
- If you have a suspended Drivers Licence and are required to undertake a Defensive Driving Course, then this course is suitable for you.
(PLEASE NOTE: If you require a letter of Defensive Driving Course Conformation for the courts or your lawyer, you must book and pay for this course before a letter can be provided.)
- If you are looking for a refresher course to update your driving skills or, you are a Senior Citizen in need of updating your driver confidence, this course would be perfect.
The course comprises of;
- 4 x two hour theory sessions in the class room at Highland Park Community House
- 1 x one-on-one practical on-road driving assessment.
To complete the course and receive your Defensive Driving certificate including the time reduction off your licence, you must complete all 4 theory sessions in order and a 40 minute Driving Assessment. The Driving Assessment must be completed within 60 days of finishing your 4 theory classes. If not completed in time, you will need to re-book and repay to sit the course again.
When: 2, 4, 9 and 11 October
Where: Highland Park Community House
Parkview Room, 47 Aviemore Road, Highland Park, Auckland
Monday and Wednesday
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Cost: $150.00 per person (Price includes full Driving Assessment)
(Must be paid to Highland Park Community House a week before course commencement)
2023 Course - for further details please click here
To book your place in one of our monthly courses please contact our office
Telephone (09) 534 5584
Email Highland Park Community House or Jenne at email@example.com
Instructor Arvin Kara, Right First Driving School.
Telephone 022 340 2386
1. The course fee is required to be paid at least a week before class is due to commence.
2. All participants must hold a current Drivers Licence.
3. All four theory classes must be completed in order, 1 to 4. If you miss the first class then your course will be re-booked to the next months course without charge. If the first class is missed again, you will need to re-book and re-pay to complete a new course.
4. If you miss the 2, 3 or 4 class, your course classes will be moved to the next month without charge. If you miss these classes again, you will need to re-book and re-pay to complete a new course.
5. If you lose your Street Talk Course book, a further $50.00 will be required for a replacement.
6. The Driving Assessment will be carried out in your vehicle which must hold a current Warrant of Fitness and be Registered.
7. If you miss the driving assessment appointment you will not receive your NZTA Certificate and will need to re-book and re-pay again to complete a new course.
Our subsided Defensive Driving courses have a minimum number required to run. If that number is not obtained the course will be cancelled. If this happens we will inform you immediately and refund all course fees paid.
If you have made a course fee payment and withdraw 3 days before the class is due to start, we will refund your course fee less a $40.00 administration charge.
If you are unable to attend, please advise us as soon as possible and we will transfer your booking and payment to the next course.
Students who do not advise us either in person, by telephone or email they will be withdrawing from the course, will not be entitled to a course fee refund.
Our mission is to provide, venues and services to assist in the facilitation of community activities, including those that contribute to a holistic sense of well-being.
47 Aviemore Drive, Highland Park, Auckland 2010
Tel. 09 534 5584
16 Swan Crescent, Pakuranga, Auckland 2010
Tel. 09 576 5381